Saturday 2 July 2011

St Ives Apricot Scrub

I have had this product for about a year now but I've only used it maybe 2 or 3 times ? Even if I haven't used it much I have a very clear opinion on this one .


I was in Superdrug earlier today and I saw that they actually changed the packaging of this product :



But it is the exact same product inside !



Claims : Exfoliates to prevent blemishes & clean pores. America's #1 Scrub gently cleans pores and helps stop breakouts before they occur.
See all these huge bits ? I checked the ingredients and it seems to me that these are bits of Walnut ,Shell Powder and Corn ! Imagine how rough the bits of walnuts and shell powder are on your skin ! Especially if you have sensitive skin like me. I have not used it on my whole face just because the minute I squeezed it out on my hand I felt how rough the product actually was. So , I only applied it on my nose ( where I have most of my blackheads ) and to be honest the bits are just too thick and rough to actually exfoliate your skin properly. That being said , even if this products is oil-free , has 100% natural exfoliants , it is too harsh for nay skin in my opinion. If you are looking for a scrub don't use these sort of rough scrubs go for products which have smaller beads because you don't want to irritate your skin with big bits of walnut and shell powder ! 

I hope this helped you and if you have any questions whatsoever post a comment below or email me ! 





No comments:

Post a Comment